Not quite sure how it happened.... but we (Zeek and myself) got roped into building a garden for the school. Well, I know how Zeek got roped in, he married me. And apparently I raised my hand and agreed to have my name be put down on a "Garden Grant" as the teacher contact. At the end of the school year I recieved $400 for the garden. Great! Two days before school got out... there was an additional $2000 that had to be spent within 2 days. So the garden PROJECT began. There are 2 12x32 foot planters that are being transformed into vegetable/flower/fruit gardens for the students. I don't know the first thing about gardening, and should probably post a picture of my sickly topsy turvy tomato plant that I've been trying to grow all summer at home. Anyway... I guess I'm going to learn to garden. Say a prayer!
We worked in the evenings when the temperature would finally go below 100ยบ, and stayed until we had to use a flashlight to clean up.

25 hours of labor and we're getting close to finishing!
We're thankful for our friends the McLeod's who came to help finish up the first planter. 1 down and 1 to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment