Sunday, July 25, 2010

Campus by the Sea 2010


We just got back from a week of family camp at Campus by the Sea. Once again we were blessed and had a great time.
We were housed in Seaside 4 and I am pleased to tell you that Zeek did not go into anyone elses tent in the middle of the night this year! However he did tell the story at "Banquet Night" and had everyone rolling with laughter. Some think he's got a future in standup comedy.
The first few days were pretty cool and overcast, but that didn't seen to interfere with the waterfront activities.
The kids had a blast fishing from the pier at night.
Shari was great with baby Shane. The girls loved that he and Matty were their tickets to get into the dining room first. I have to admit it was nice to have them reserve our table.
We made a boat for the "Milk Carton boat race." Zeek began working on his design plan last year when we left CBS. Molly and I swam the boat out to the starting line and it raced into shore far ahead of the heap. However as it reached the beach it hit bottom, took on water and sank just at the shoreline. After much debate and review we were given 1st place
Brandon speared a 15 1/2 lb Halibut. Just look how happy that makes him!
We loved our small group and really connected with them! We hope to connect with them again next year Week 5.
It was so much fun to have the Richard's family there the same week. Great memories, friendships and kids to love on.
The traditional CBS family picture!
As a tradition people make beautiful banners to take home as a memory of the week with the week's verse on it. Last year I attempted the task and failed miserably, so I began making "verse rocks" instead. I did come home and make my own banner with the use of a picture and photoshop. Here's my version of a banner.













No comments:

Post a Comment