It's a good thing that I work full time, because there would be a good chance that I might weigh 300 pounds or more if I stayed home and cooked all the things I wanted to every day. I have become addicted, perhaps even obsessed with "The Pioneer Woman," her blog, cookbook and her high calorie, delicious, to die for recipes. So the other evening I'm watching a segment on Fox and Friends that "The Pioneer Woman" appeared on making her Cinnamon Rolls. I was instantly inspired and headed to the kitchen where I began to whip up a batch. I didn't look too closely at all the details of the recipe to notice that this was a gigantic recipe (guess I should have been clued in when I put 9 cups of flower into the mix.) One batch makes 7 pie tins of these gooey, sweet, yummy Cinnamon Rolls. 5 of the 7 pans went to school to the teachers and they immediately blamed me for their weight gain and for going off their diet. Like I said it's a good thing I don't have time to bake daily!
On the menu for today..... complements of "The Pioneer Woman"..... Meatballs (she describes them as mini meatloaf packed with flavor), Macaroni and Cheese and Pound Cake. Looks like I'll be baking all afternoon, the perfect scenario for a snowy Saturday.
Check out The Pioneer Woman's blog at this link.
No comments:
Post a Comment