We're off to a weekend at one of our favorite places....Campus by the Sea on Catalina Island
Brandon is right on time to pick us up!
The guys start the process of preparing to scuba dive for lobster. There is a particular science to this I've learned. It begins with baiting the hoop nets.
Then it's time to take the baited nets out and set them to lure the bugs out from their rocks.

We all go out on the boat in the dark on this part of the adventure.

Four nets are ready to be placed in strategic locations.


Now it's time to begin the process of "suiting up"



Finally everyone is ready. The hunt is on!!! It was great for me to see how long this whole process takes so I don't worry when I haven't heard from anyone for hours.... Last time Zeek went diving "I had him trapped in some ship wreck at the bottom of the sea." Now I know what it's really like.

A successful trip for all. Check out Zeek's Tail!
The smaller of the two is just legal size. He's got quite a tail doesn't he?
We went on a boat run to Avalon and came across this pod of over 100 dolphin. It was so much fun. They swam along side us for quite a while.
The girls thought it was "probably the coolest thing they'd ever seen in their lives."


Scuba diving round two. Zeek and Brandon found a little octopus who played around with them for a while.

Kate, Shari & Molly went for a swim and played in the water for the afternoon.
Shari collected a few hermit crab friends, but is always sure to set them free.
All good things must come to an end. We had a great weekend!

Thanks to all our friends on "The Island." We appreciate you and love our visits. Looking forward to camp this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment